Scout Active Support is for anyone over the age of 18 years. It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining. All that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting.
Ways in which we have supported the District include: –
- Serving on the Adult Appointment Advisory Committee
- Serving in the Scout Shop
- Handing out carol sheets at carol services
- Serving refreshments at the AGM
- Serving on the District Executive Committee
Meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of every other month (check the calendar). Anyone is welcome to join us, generally meetings are at Land End Pub 7.45 for 8 pm. Anyone wishing to join visits should contact the Manager Paul Fahey on 0118 9262710
- 18/09/2019District Executive Meeting
Recent speakers have included talks from Customs and Excise on catching smugglers, Pest Control, The History of E Jacksons & Son, Air traffic Control, Tales of teaching experiences, Interwoven scenic pictures and The London Underground Railway.